Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mission Accomplished



Prom was a success. Holy crap was it stressful though. I was up until 4.30 AM finishing my dress (along with the help of my super-special-awesome sister-in-law, without whom I would not have been able to do this) and then I had to get up at 6.30 that morning to do stuff with my mom. So basically I got 2 hours of sleep the night before (or rather, morning of) prom. Whew. That's ok, though, because my dress was awesome, I looked awesome, the people there were awesome, the limo was awesome, the food was awesome (funny tangent story--the dinner before prom, I ordered a "wedge salad" without knowing what a wedge salad was. Never do that. I was a little surprised when they brought out a literal wedge of lettuce with bacon and dressing over it. heh.)

Unfortunately, since my camera is on BACK ORDER (stupid polaroid people...mumble mumble whine groan, etc.) the only pics I have are those that other people took, and right now the only accessible one is the proof from the people who took it. Soooo, here that is:




I'm on the right. :) Obviously my plans changed throughout the actual making process. Instead of crocheting the entire thing, I realized that that would be too heavy, so instead, Darlene and I decided to crochet the bodice, then do a fabric skirt. There was tulle underneath for a crenoline, and a silver sash across the waist, mostly Darlene's idea. Basically (as I've stated before) I couldn't have done it without her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment