Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Knitting by Starlight

I think I'm finally getting serious about knitting. I'm currently working on two projects: a simple hat (knit flat and sewn up the back--I'm too scared to try knitting in the round yet) and a scarf knit in entrelac. I think I might be in love with it. Our relationship started off a bit rocky--I wasn't too good at picking up stitches because I got a little confused when it said "pick up and purl," but with a little counseling, we got everything worked out. :) We're expecting our first child soon. ;D

By the way, anyone who missed the Pleseids meteor shower last night should be ashamed (Mom, that means you!) It was BEAUTIFUL. I even saw one meteor streak across the sky and then break apart, leaving multiple, sparkling trails behind. It made my knees go weak, no lie. It's just awe-inspiring. I laid out in the grass in my front lawn from about 12:30 to 3 AM to watch the show, and even though I almost fell asleep during slow periods, and I got bug-bitten a little bit, it was SOOOO worth it.

I'll post pics soon, but for now, my camera battery is dead. (I'm seriously starting to doubt the abilities of Polaroid as a company. So far, I've had TWO Polaroid digital camera's and they're sub-par at best. C'mon Polaroid--You're a trusted name. Live up to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment