Saturday, August 1, 2009

Woah...is this a BLOG?!

Haha I'm baaaaack! And while I haven't done much crafting this summer, I did do a little. So here it comes:

Here's my current crochet WIP, a pretentious, aloof, hipster Cthulhu!

He listens to bands so obscure, they don't even know they exist yet!

I still need to make arms and wings for him, but that'll have to come later.

"C'mon, Cthulhu, stop pretending you're too cool for me...I love you" :)

Also in that picture is a pair of delightfully mismatched fingerless gloves that I made with my very first skein of Noro Kureyon! I'm officially in love with that stuff, but unfortunately I just can't afford $10 a skein, so that's probably the only Noro thing I'll have for a while. Also, since I improvised the pattern for the gloves, they came out a bit big, especially the thumb hole. But I'm still proud of them. :)

On my knitting needles right now is a loverly Clapotis, which I admittedly don't like as much as I thought I did. I mean, I'll probably finish it, but only because I've already started it.
It's being made with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Old Rose. It's a lovely yarn, but I only chose this yarn because it was the only one that I could afford to get enough yardage. I think that a sock yarn might be too thin. Other people have used it and it worked just fine, but I just don't think it works for me. Oh well, we'll see I guess.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment