Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...and by a tad, I mean A LOT.

Hehe, I know I should be working on my dress, but I got distracted again (this time by a pretty vintage hat pattern). It only took me...less than an hour to make, so it was more like a little overdue instant gratification. I needed that. (Sorry, no pics. I haven't taken any yet, and I can't get to it now since I'm at school.)

Also, my sister-in-law's mother let me borrow a BUNCH of old 60's-80's era crochet magazines that she had, and I made some copies. It only took 6 dollars and an entire afternoon to do.Totally worth it. I'll be busy with those for a while. :) I also got 4, yes FOUR, new crafty books. Son of Stitch 'n Bitch, Not Your Mama's Knitting and Crochet, and Crochetme. Crochetme hasn't come in yet (I had the store order it for me) but I'm eagerly waiting, and I have the other three to keep me busy til it gets here. I'm excited about learning to knit, I think it'll be good for me to have more skills in my possession. I'm superduper excited about the double-knit argyle scarf in SOSNB. It's awesome. And the Pseudo-Kimono in Not Your Mama's Crochet is pretty cool too. I just have to remember to finish my dress before doing any of that.

Down, girl.

And for the most superspecialawesome news of the day/month: I GOT MY RAVELRY INVITATION! W007! So after school I'm going to get started on that. YAY! I don't have time to do it now, since I'm at school now (blogging during lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment