Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just a Tad of Crafty ADD...

...could be to blame for this:

Starting this little ditty puts my WIP count at four. Nonetheless, I've decided that the endless rows of HDC's on the bodice of my dress has become something akin to purgatory...so I'm giving knitting another go. I haven't knitted since 9th grade. After I horrible failed at it the first time, I tried it again (three years later) and discovered that I was doing it wrong the whole time. No wonder I couldn't get it right back then. I also found out that I like continental knitting better than the American way, and the Norwegian Purl method is better than regular purling. It's more fun.

I'm thinking this is gonna be an iPod cozy...


...because my iPod has alrady decided that the soft pink yarn is just what he needs (he's very sure of his sexuality).


He even tried to crawl under it and go to sleep, and I had to remind him that it wasn't quite done yet. :)

BTW, the yarn I'm using here is a brand called I Love This Yarn! found exclusively at Hobby Lobby. It's 100% Acrylic, but it's about twice as soft as Red Heart Super Saver (and cheaper too, plus the skeins are slightly bigger than RHSS, I think). Unfortunately, as of now it's only available in a limited array of colors, but hopefully that will change sometime in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment