Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rainbow Spiral Scarf + Pattern

I made this scarf a while ago because I was jonesin' for something rainbow-y. I also luuurrve spirals, so I decided to put the two together, and this is what I got! It's a self-tasseling, spiral, rainbow scarf! Woohoo!

Hoorah for sideways pictures!

My Attempt at a First Time Pattern:

You will need:
Any sort of worsted weight yarn in these seven colors (I used Caron Simply Soft):
Red (A)
Orange (B)
Yellow (C)
Green (D)
Blue (E)
Purple (F)
a size G crochet hook, and a size I hook.

Using the G hook and color A, ch 240. Cut the yarn, leaving a 6-inch tail.
Row 1: attach another strand of A, leaving a six-inch tail, using the I hook HDC in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to end. Cut yarn, leaving six-inch tail.
Row 2: attach B, leaving a 6" tail, HDC in each HDC to end. Cut yarn, leaving a 6" tail.
Row 3-6: Repeat row 2, using C,D,E, and F each row.
Finishing: after you cut the last yarn tail, that's it. The tails make the tassels, and the tightness in the chain, combined with the looseness of the rest of the rows makes the spiral. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment